RE: 64 B body rear tapered axle

The only advice I recall reading is to put a *very* small amount of
anti-seize on the area where the drum and axle meet. Too much
anti-seize, it was argued, allows a false torque reading and too many
ft/lbs on the castle nut.

If the "friction between the two parts is actually what keeps the two
pieces acting as one" argument is correct, perhaps it may only apply to
cars driven 100,000 plus miles a year?

Gary H.

...on my 64 Plymouth Sport

----