RE: Git R Done

ledman_70@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I did the 3:91 thing in my Polara a few months ago Richard...SCREAMS off
>
> the line but SUCKS on the highway! Almost 3000rpm at 65 and noisy. Wish
> I had gone with the 3:73's, but Summit didn't offer them.
> Dove the car to work today and used almost a quarter tank of gas getting
>
> here...I live 16 miles from work! Man, are you in for a surprise!

I'm only getting about 8-9mpg with my 2:76's. My converter doesn't fully
grab till about 3000rpm and that's about 70+. Around town I'm using 2nd
mostly. My '69 Super Bee had 3:91's too and it was my daily driver. Not
an econo car but liveable and this one is strictly a toy now. Truly I
kinda expect it to get better mileage with the in town cruise night slow
driving that it usually gets. At the drags it better get timeslips to
match mpg, the lower the better.

Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

----