RE: 1962 413?

Seem's kinda funny,
	Back in February when I spoke to Darrell in great detail and sending
him a copy of the vin number and the computer card sent to me from Chrysler
Corp, the Chrysler historian admitted that he did not know much about the
dealer installed 413 in line dual quad cars so he did not comment one way or
another since no records were kept by Chrysler Corp. to keep track of these
super rare cars. He said that the records were kept by the dealership that
delivered the car only.  How is it there were Michigan State Police pursuit
cars and Indiana Trooper cars that ended up with these engines also. If they
ended up being 318 cars and shipped that way then the dealers swapped out
these engines for the 413's, somebody made the engine swap.

Bill you said: When speaking with Mr. Govier at the Monster Mopar 3 years
ago about my max wedge car, which he had previously decoded, we discussed
various engine options.  He told me that the inline 2X4 413 engine was a
dealer installed option, and the cars generally have the 318 engine code.
Then when reviewing Darrell Davis's info (it is very cool that every max
wedge car is listed by VIN in his books) he explains that a blank on the '62
engine code space on the IBM card means the 13.5:1 engine max wedge.  I
particularly tend to trust Mr. Davis, since he was a Chrysler exec for
decades and was allowed access to the '62-'65 microfilms for his research.

Here is my story:
Hello all,
    My name is Lupe' www.salvationracing.com, my brother and I own the 1962
Plymouth Savoy in question that's listed currently on www.bidmopar.com.
    When we were restoring this car earlier this year, (knowing it was a 413
engine car from the documentation), I purchased the Max-Wedge book from
Darrell Davis. After reading his book and not finding my car vin number
listed as one of the Max Wedges, I decided to give Darrell a call. After
speaking with Darrell in great detail and sending him a copy of the vin
number and the computer card sent to me from Chrysler Corp, the Chrysler
historian admitted that he did not know much about the dealer installed 413
in line dual quad cars so he did not comment one way or another since no
records were kept by Chrysler Corp. to keep track of these super rare cars.
Records were kept by the dealership that delivered the car (Briley Motor
Company in Omaha Nebraska dealership, no longer open).  From the
documentation we received with our car from the previous owners we believe
our car was most likely one of the dealer installed 413 inline dual quad
cars because the computer card was left blank for engine. Most Max Wedge
cars according to Darrell have a "0" in the Engine column of the computer
card, I emphasize Mr. Davis said most, he did say that his max wedge book is
not a complete listing of all the max wedges and more are being discovered.
It made sense that if the engine column on the card was left blank that they
did not know what they were going to install at the dealership.
     So long story short we decided to restore the car as a 413 inline dual
quad car because of the history and documentation that came with the car. So
the delivery date on the car was January 24th and we found a January 12th
1962 date coded 413 engine to install in this car because the original
engine was long gone. This car was raced since day one out west in Anthon
Iowa the 413 was built up for racing, for the 1st original owner from Quimby
Iowa. Darrell also said that the build date on this car did not match up
with the max wedges they were released in March of 62. I was also told by
other Mopar guru's that they needed to have so many 413 engines in the 62
Plymouths prior to the release date of the max wedges in order to insure the
max wedges being able to race in the NHRA drag racing stock classes and the
Nascar circuit.
      We are trying to get in touch with the first original owner.  I did
speak with 2nd owner and he verified it had the 413 in it when he raced it
and that his brother had built the engine for racing. We did a lot of
research on this car prior to building it so we hope that someone will
appreciate it.  I will keep the club posted.  I am honest and would not try
to mislead anyone about my car. I carefully state in my ad, "Said to have
been".. After all of the tremendous amount of time I have put into
researching this car, I sincerely believe the car is A DEALER INSTALLED 413
INLINE DUAL QUAD CAR.  Whoever buys this car will be getting an incredible
car for an incredibly low price. If anyone has questions or interest in
seeing this car give me call 517-290-4259 my name is Lupe' and Gary H knows
of me from this club and my old car shown on the salvationracing website.

Lupe'