RE: shocks

cathie waring wrote:

> george, i've thought about the torsion bar, but how do you tell if it's
> had it? how do you rebuild them? my springs look good to my uneducated
> eye. richard

There really isn't any rebuilding of T-bars, just replacement. But they
are readily available. If you're interested in a good ride don't get
carried away and buy the biggest one you can find. Buy the right one for
your car weight. Also be sure to check your suspension components such
as all your bushings. I found my biggest problem was very simple in that
the bolts holding the steering box to the frame were so loose they were
about ready to fall off. That gives lots of slop in the steering. I
thought my brakes were pulling but it was loose suspension. T-bars cost
us about $200 a set as I recall.

Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

----