Re: 63-65 Custom 880's

The 1963-64 Custom 880 is a completely different car from the 1965.  The
1963-64 models were based on the 1961 Polara (I know, 1962 Newport - but
that car actually started life as a 1961 Polara).  Brakes and transmission
on the 1963-64 were shared with the 1963-64 Chrysler, while the front
suspension shares parts with the 1960-61 Polara, 1962-64 880, 1960-61 DeSoto
and 1960-64 Chrysler.  Rear door glass waps with the above mentioned list
while the front door glass as the same list plus 1960-61 Plymouth and Dodge
Dart.

Front seats from any 1960-61 Plymouth/Dodge Dart or 1960-64 big Dodge,
DeSoto or Chrysler will fit.  Rear seats will interchange, for sure, with
all but Plymouth/Dodge Dart, althiugh I suspect they will fit.  As for door
panels or rear quarter panels on the 2-door hardtop, 1960-64 big Dodge,
1960-61 DeSoto and 1960-62 Chrysler will all fit.  The rear doors on the
1964-64 Chrysler were changed.

Mechanically, the 1963-64 880 models shared much with the Chrysler of the
same year.   Very little, outisde of engine and transmission parts, will
interchange with 1963-64 Plymouths and Dodges.

For the 1965 Custom 880, which used the totally new C body, the 1965-66
Dodge Polara/Monaco and Chrysler shared the same 4-door rooflines (and thus
all glass).   The 2-door hardtop 880 shared rooflines with the Polara,
Monaco and Newport.   The New Yorker 2-door hardtop used the 4-door hardtop
roofline and the 300 used a unique 2-door roofline.

Again interiors from any 1965-68 Chrysler or Polara/Monaco will fit.  The
instrument panel has many 1965-only bits, shared with Polara and Monaco,
although the 1966 unit is very similar.  As the front door inner shell was
shared by all C bodies, even 1965-66 Fury door glass will fit a 1965 Custom
880, as will the front seat.

Mechanically, the 1965 Dodge 880 shared its stuff with all C body Dodges and
Chryslers.  Engine mounts and transmissions are unique to 1965, though.
Brakes were used over a number of years.

Just beware, though, the seat coverings and interior door panels as year
specific.  That is, they were not used over any period longer than one year.
However, if you own a 1965 Custom 880 sedna and find a nice 1966-68 Monaco
sedan with an interior you like, everything will swap over no problem - same
inner door shells and seats used in all years.

Bill
Vancouver, BC