RE: Front end alignment

Skagdrager@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I often suspect that my front ends (62 Dart 4dr. drums & 62 Dart convert
> w/
> disc upgrade per the book) are not aligned properly, though I've had
> "professionals" (who claim proper knowledge) adjust them several times.
> Neither one
> corners very comfortably.
> Is there a way to learn the proper protocol to align our cars ourselves,
>
> without needing expensive equipment?
> Thanks.
> Paul
==========================================================================================================================================

You must remember that these cars really aren't all that well suited to
road racing in stock trim. They do lean and wallow a bit. If you add
some sway bars and other suspension goodies you can get them to perform
better on the corners.

I believe Don Dulmage at one point had given us some tips on setting up
the front end at home with measurements. Your tire wear will tell the
tale of alignment,shocks, balance too. Also if it pulls to one side or
the other. I take mine in to an old timer and he seems to do a good job
as it runs straight and the tires wear well.

Rich Kinsley  '64 Polara 4 dr 318poly w/goodies

----