Any 1 BBL Holley Carb Experts out there ?

Any 1 BBL Holley Carb Experts out there ?

Hi All,

   I am not having much luck getting my choke settings correct after
carb was rebuilt and supposedly adjusted by a local guy here in San Diego
area that claimed to be carb expert.

Ran fine all summer but now that weather cooling off, the car will
hardly run for first minute or 2.

It's on my 225 C.I. on my 65 Valiant and is the economizer version sold
many years ago in gas crises. I did replace the heat controlled pull off
( coiled unit and long rod ) and I also set the vacuum air pull off linkage
as spec in manual and all I know is I have to flutter the gas peddle to get car out of driveway and first 100 ft, after that it misses a bit for another block then smooths out.

Of course like most 225 SL/6 manifold setups that flapper vakve in
ehaust manifold is stuck open but it's has been that way for years and
I could still get choke to work fairly well.

I used ot be able to buy a TRW high temp spray grease years ago to treat it
monthly but that grease went away many moons ago.

If there is anyone in San Diego area that could give me a hand with getting the choke set up, I'd really appreciate it...or even pay someone that knew what the heck they were doing !

I also have a spare 1 BBK Holley that is the performance version ( Non economizer )

Dennis V
San Diego

----