Re: Repairing a '64 AM radio?

I had a surprise with mine back in June.  Hadn't worked for years, and
was driving down the road and heard a crackle, what I thought was from
the engine compartment.  Drove me nuts for about 3 days, when I figured
it was coming from the speaker.   Turned the dial and it was working.
Then hit a bump and it stopped. Another bump and it started.  Got me to
trouble-shooting it.

It ended up being the radio antenna connection all along. Bent the
spring connector out a bit so it would make a solid connection, and
worked fine ever since.  My daughter hates it, cuz the only music is
oldies or Mariachi.  The rest is talk radio on AM here.  Ah well, it
works, thats all that counts.

For radio repair, you could try these guys ->
http://www.wardsclassiccarradiorepair.com
gregward@xxxxxxxxx
phone 256-852-0955

He's on another list I read from time to time.

--Tom

--
'65 Dart GT 'vert
Tom Watters