A day well spent ...

Well, I had a great day yesterday.  I bought a 63 Polara 500 (383) a
couple of weeks ago and I went to pick it up.  I live on Long Island,
NY and the car was up in Albany, which is straight up the Hudson river
about 200 miles away.  It was a nice sunny 40 degrees.  I took an
Amtrak train up which runs right along the river bank for 140 miles.
Beautiful scenery; a very pleasant train ride.  The car owner met me
at the train station.  I was a little nervous driving it so far and
had some tools and stuff with me.  But it drove like a dream.  No
trouble whatsoever.  I stopped halfway home in New Paltz NY to have
lunch and a couple of beers at a pub that I'd spent a lot of time in
20 years ago visiting friends every weekend who went to college there.
 The place hasn't changed a bit.  Continued home without a hitch,
getting thumbs up and smiles all the way.

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)
'63 Polara 500 (383)