4 hole wood. It

 it would take less than an hour to make 4 hole wooden spacers. I made a complete manifold top from plywood and raced it for ocer a year before having it cast in aluminum. In facti stilll have it downstairs. Sealed it with garge floor paint which is fuel and oil poof.
Don
There is a picture of the manifold prototype on my Sympatico big-d  website Look under Dons Dodges (DOnDulmaGE) or my name in your search to find it if interested. it is under 2X4 page.
I remeber going to the track with the Oold charger and the new Plywood manifold . My friend Hemi guy Dwight Vorstfeld  came over as I backed the car off the trailer. What did you do to the car he asked. Why I asked. I am not stupid he said (two squareheads talking here so bear with me) I can hear the difference. I made a plywood top for an old SS manifold I said. He didnt believe me so i popped the hood.  Man I cant believe it . How did it work? Wondeful G wager who is on the group here now made the first pass in the car with this and ran an 11.49  MPH was up signifcantly too. When I recast it in aluminum using the plywood for a moldd plug it ran exactly the same times so the wooden was neother faster or slower than the aluminum. I have heard that Jazzy Jim Nelson made the first cross ram for the Max Wedge the same way. We forget very easily that aluminum melts somewhere between 1250 and 1300 F while wood des not melt and if it burns is at 3000 F enough to melt aluminum iron or whatever.
HMMMMM maybe i could make a set of oak cylinder heads? MMMMMM
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)