RE: Lifter bushed?

Don Dulmage wrote:

> what for?
> I want to see that cam in a stock block first. .
> As a machinist i am aware of how diffcult it is to machine lifter bores
> properly. There are easier ways to protect the oiling sstem that work
> just as well.
> Don
> Author of
> Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
> Old Reliable (Mopar)
> http://altonapublicschool.faithweb.com/
>
> http://seniordragster.bravehost.com/index.html

Don,

I'll send you and Earl pics.I'm not going to get into the arguement over
bushing the lifter bores.You have your way for priority oiling,I have
mine.Let's leave it at that.

The original cam was a Scotty Brown/Straightline custom grind.The second
cam in the block was the RB STX-20.The third cam is a Comp custom.Both
the first and third cam fit perfectly.The second did not.If the problem
was with the lifter bores,none of the cams would've worked.It's that
simple.

Again,the shop that did the CNC'ing has probably done a hundred blocks
with no problems.Now,maybe back in the day with old equipment and a BHJ
Lifter-True it might have been a handful to bush lifter bores
correctly,but not with a Rottler F65A.

I'll also make you a deal.After you see the pics,you pick up the ROUND
TRIP shipping and you can inspect this cam in any stock block you like
at your own house.It is currently making the rounds between builders
here in Denver.

  Dave Walters
  Denver, Co.

----