RE: Borg Warner T10 Question

Take a look at the link below for some info on the T-85 3-speed and the
T-10 4-speed both from Borg Warner. The T-85 was very beefy and heavy.
It did not have a syncronized first gear. The T-10 was developed from
the T-85, but it was not as rugged. It did well for chevys, fords and
the like, but big block Mopar power required a lot more strength.

The original T-10 had an aluminum case, but the later "Super T-10 had a
much stronger steel case. GM used the Muncie as a replacement for the
early T-10. My '64 GTO had a Muncie 4-speed that worked quite well for
me, but the biggest engine that I put in front of it was a '65 421 out
of a Pontiac 2+2. Max Wedges and Hemi were just way too tough for any of
those.

I had a couple of cars with the T-85 overdrive and loved that trans
except for having to do the old double clutch to down shift into first
as I rolled through a corner.

Bob in Sacramento

http://fiedlerh.home.att.net/BW.htm

----