Tranny leaks

While I've got the engine and transmission out of my car I wanted to fix
some of the fluid leaks in the tranny.  Most of it appears to be coming
from the area around the shifter cable and throttle cable.  The shifter
cable is just replacing the 'O' ring on the cable.  My question is how
to replace the seal around the throttle shaft.  There is no mention of
it that I can find in the FSM.  I did find the part, #2205 300, Seal,
throttle lever shaft.  Do you have to remove the valve body and replace
this from inside the case?
I realize that there may also be some leaking through the sheath on the
cables too.

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727