Re: Trim Question

All the trim clips will stay with the trim but you have to take off the nuts from the inside of the fenders and doors. most have nuts but a few, in the hard to get to areas, are push in expanding type. you have to gently pry them off with a trim tool or I used two putty knives , one top and on bottom. it helps to spray them from the inside with wd 40 or soap. be careful not to bend the trim. I had to get new trim clips from many venders but that was 7 years ago and many of them are being repod now. you just have to look Dave O ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Duross" <tduross1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "1962-1965 Mopar Mail List" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 9:19 AM
Subject: Trim Question

Good Morning Campers-

I need to start taking some of the trim off my 64 Belvedere 4D, she's
getting painted.
WOO-HOO!!  Can anyone lead me towards procedures and tools used for this?
I've been putting off cosmetics until the mechanicals are done but I'm tired
of driving
around in a sun-bleached, primer-showing car.  She's 100% original.
Do the clips come off with the trim?  Are there tools used to remove it?
Tricks?
My painter is busy and advised me any work I can do will only help.
He's going to reinstall everything afterwards.  Source for spare clips?
I'd like to bone-up before I begin.

Thanks in advance,

Tom Duross

----