RE: Mopars at the Strip

Hi folks!

Got back from our trip yesterday afternoon - greeted at Heathrow by some
snow & low 30's temps. To be expected I suppose over here, but still a
bit of a shock to the system after 2 weeks of mostly clear skies & 70-80
deg temps.
Just downloading (or whatever you call it) my pics off the camera - incl
400 from M.A.T.S. I'll sort thru the M.A.T.S. pics and put em up on
Photobucket in the next couple of days.

Sorry the 12 noon meet didnt quite come off as well as it should - I
tried my best to get to the MP trailer at 12 each day but my beloved
wife's morning routine held us up so much on the Fri & Sat, we just made
it there by about 10 or quarter past. For the Sunday, I persuaded her to
stay at our apartment for the morning while my son & I went to the track
- we got there about 9.30, but got caught up with looking at stuff I'd
walked past on the previous 2 days (usually on the way to 'some shade'
or 'somewhere to sit down') so lost track of the time.
Shame I didnt get to meet any of you guys, but I did meet up with 7 of
'our guys' over the weekend.
One of them, who I only know thru other friends, was there looking to
buy something special - he offered the guy with the black cross-rammed
hemi 65 Belvedere (II?) $80k, but he said he was after $125k.
I didnt hear how the deal turned out but I dont think the owner was that
keen to sell for that much below his asking price.
A great car (my fave of the weekend, in fact), but a bit pricey for a
'recreation'.
He also spoke to the owner of a red hemi 65 Coronet but I think that
deal went the same way.
The Sunday did turn pretty cold when the wind picked up, especially
dressed in t-shirt & shorts, so my son & I called it a day at around
1.30 and headed back to the apartment in town. Most of the 'show' cars &
a lot of the race cars had already gone by then anyway.

I also used my brother's digital video camera (for the 1st time) so if I
can work out how to upload some of that footage here, I will if it's not
too shabby.

Bye for now

Robert
England