RE: Trim clips for 63 Sport Fury

snappy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I need to put the "sergeants stripes" (red white and blue trims) on the
> pillar of my 63 Sport Fury. These are the ones on the side behind the
> rear
> window, and the holes in the pillar are quite large.
>
> Does anyone know a place I can get the right clips? Preferably somewhere
> that can easily process an offshore transaction (but if not anywhere
> will
> do).
>
> I also have one with a broken leg - is there anywhere that repro's this
> kind
> of stuff in the US?
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.
>

> Cheers.
>

> Steve Nappy,
> www.Hemi6pack.com
> If you build it they will come........and they'll probably want free
> beer
> and peanuts!

Steve, I had a similar problem with mine.  I had one that was off and
missing one of the clips that hold it on.  I looked high and low for the
proper clip and never found one.  If you have the interior liner removed
from the pillar you can just put 1/8" clips on them that are available
from a few different places.  But I never found the ones that are like
the original which would allow you to just push the trim piece on from
the outside.  In 3-4 years of watching ebay I have never seen these
chevrons listed either.  They're pretty rare pieces.
My solution for the one piece I had off was to use some double faced
tape.  I have some really good stuff at work that is very thin, no
substrate between the adhesive.  It has worked so far which is about 2
years.  If you want to try and find some clips that can be attached from
the inside try:   www.restorationspecialties.com  they have a large
selection of trim clips.  If you want to try the tape route find a
prosthetics shop.  They use the tape I mentioned.

Good Luck, Paul

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727