really sport furs

 In truth back in the day Canadians were not as flambouant. I suspect Chryco Canada thought such a snazy car would never sell here and to some extent they may have been right. Not never sell but not in numbers enough to make it worth producing.
We tend to be a toned down group and rightly or wrongly sometimes those decisions were made for us. Even now here is a case in point.
Our PT turbo was first deliverd to McKewons in Springbrook Sept 02 I believe and arrived just shortly after the Pts Turbos were first spoke of in anticipation in the magazines. I was there just an hour after it was delivered. .Mckewons is a rural dealership north of the concentrated population . We deal there because they are good to deal with.
The following august at their BBQ for people who bought a car in the last year the car was on display.   I noticed it had zip on the odometer. like 16 or 23 or something.  Obviously had hardly been for a road test any one of which would have stacked up at least that in KM on the clock.  At the party we  (Linda and I ) made a plan. We would wait until the car had been there over a yearr and then see of we could make a deal. We went the end of Octoer. During the negotiations I mentioned the car had been there over a year. The sa,lesman said that he didnt think so so i told him the exact date it came. He went away and checked and came back acknowledging the fact that I was actually right exactly on the date. As I pressed the deal further I suggested that they had never had an offer on it even. He actually acknowledged that was so. We made a VERY good deal and that is how we got it.
It is a Bright Red,metallic turbo with the 17 inch wheels (which i got rid of finally)  It was too fancy for the typical traditional Canadian buyer  over 25 for instance and back there, there was just no traffic that was interested.  The same dealer just took an 06 Magnum to the aution as it had been there since new  but had never brought a decent offer. It was fully loaded Hemi car silver grey . They got 21500 for it, a brand new car. The sticker price here was just over 40,000.  Since the rural areas still reflect the old values it was an sometimes still is hard to sell stuff that is too fancy here in Canada. We are (and were even more so) just a bit more reserved than our southern friends.
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)