RE: wiring for back up lights

Rich Kinsley wrote:

> Chrissherm@xxxxxxx wrote:
> >

> > what is the wire configuration with a single speed wiper motor? I have 4
> >

> > connections on my wiper switch two are by themselves and the other two
> > are on
> > the same piece of metal with 2 clips.then there is the reverse switch I
> > have the
> >  wiring from the backup lights plugged into the closest plug to the door
> >  and
> > the  jumper coming off the other clip to the wiper switch.I have
> > something
> > wrong  because when i turn my key on the reverse lights come on.
> >
> >===================================================================
>
> I gotta think the terminal you are on is the input power to the wipers.
> Try another.
>

> Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr 318poly w/goodies

Just thinking aloud here:  Does the B/U switch work the same way the
door switches work?  ie:  There is always power to the switch and the
circuit is completed to ground when the switch closes.  If so could you
have a bad B/U light switch?  Or is it finding a ground some other way?

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-lennemann63.html