Re: Problems can be educational

"I have the cable as tight as possible without
affecting the idle setting. Maybe I'll have to Bend the pedal a bit?"

hey Rich, did you say you replaced the throttle cable in your car?
I recently had to put a new throttle cable in my car. and I just recalled, there is a little bit of adjustability at the fire wall that effects the amount of travel your gas pedal has. at first, the way the cable mounted, there was to much coming through the fire wall. which wouldn't let my gas peddle travel as fare as the stock set-up did. but I was able to back it out, and get it close to how the stock set-up was. I'm talking about a 1/8" to a 1/4" adjustment but it makes a difference. at least it did with my cable, which was just a standard replacement throttle cable, I got at
Auto Zone.

then of course there's the kick down linkage adjustment, mine has the single mettle rod, which I had to lengthen, and take a little of the bend out of it too. so it wouldn't hit the fire wall when I romp on it. (for those wondering why, i went from 2bbl to the Wieand 4bbl set-up)

hope this might help your situation. and is not to late.

Schuyler
 62 Dodge Dart 440 wagon w/ Poly 318
 <http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-wrobel62.html>
FYI - I Do the Decal designs for the Poly head 318 and more! email me with your needs -
 <sky62@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>