poly

 timing is perfect according the timing lite but the vacum gauge says the
timing is out ????
Vacuum gages are for vacuum  Timing lights are for timing. Period.  While the c vaccum gaige can give you a clue thatproblems exist and need to be corrected too much can also be read into it.
Oftenwith some 4 bbls thecarb linkage is touchingthe adapter and will not return to normal position. Also AFBS need a complete full botyom under them as they have a lot of extra channels and such on the bottom. Adapters are usually made for holleys and often dont seal all the way for an AFB.
I just did this swap with a friend last fall. We ported the manifold and drilledthe carbs on the inner holes inthe gaset so we needed no adapters. Works fine. We were driving it last weekend. June 1&2
Take a hose  about3 feet long and go arond the base of the carbs to see if you can hear a leak.
If you are in doubt about your timing mark check it manually with a spark plug removes  and a plastic straw in the hles to feel the pistons movement.You will know soon enough by checking it. using a plastic strw prevents you from damaginfg anything in the cylinder. Have a friend crank the motor with asocket on the cank so you can tell .
Don
Author of
Return to Deutschland (True Adventure)
Old Reliable (Mopar)