SV: SV: 1962 Plymouth - 361 or 360?

Thanks all of you,

There has been a tremendeus amount of information send my way. I am gladly
surprised by the respons from this group. And will be following it in the
future, it´s amazing...

Now, I have taken all 3 engines apart to look them over,
The 360 is in good shape. It will only need a honing and some new rings.
The 2 361 need a bore and new pistons.

Now thinking that I have every thing, for the 360 incl. complete gasket set,
exept flywheel. It will then be low cost to get it running.

For the 361, I will need a bore, pistons, flywheel, bellhousing, waterpump
and carb. It will be high cost.

The choice is to use the 360 for the low cost and low weight. And cheap
parts lying around.

I will then rebuild the 361 into a 383 as suggested in the group and so have
the time and money to do so and getting a perfect engine for the right car

When changing the engines I will then have a 360 with matching bell housing,
clutch and an A-833 for A-body to sell on the market. It should bring me
2500 usd. At least.

To Gary Pavlovich,

Thank you for the 318 offer, but I think I will use what I have for the
moment, sounds tempting though going for a nostalgia high performance
engine.
Just one question, This is my first US car, so I am not that experienced as
you people. Here it goes, the 318 is that always a poly? If that?s the case
then it is not a problem locating them in denmark, I just stayed away from
them because its smaller than the 360.

My best to all of you,

Knud-erik Holm