Re: Dash Interchange

Bill,

The Instrument Panel (big sheet metal stamping that everything else is attached to) part numbers are:

R       w/ or w/o A/Cond.               2571853
W       w/ A/Cond.                      2571890
W       w/o A/Cond.                     2571853

Looks like, if your recipient car does not have A/C, you're in luck with the swap you want to do. And, that either an AC or non-AC Satellite will be a good donor.

For some unknown reason, my Parts Book shows an illustration of the heater box labelled HEATER ASSEMBLY - BELVEDERE AnD COROnET, but does not show part numbers for B body heater assemblies in the numbers section.

I would presume the heater asssembly is the same, Belvedere/Satellite vs Coronet

I find no differences between R & W on a quick scan of the 950 individual parts of the heater assembly and control systems.

pigdoc

PS, Be aware that it may be nearly impossible to swap Instrument Panels without removing the windshield.