Re: broken exhaust stud

Accessibility is the key. On my 383's head an exhaust bolt closest to the firewall broke. Almost impossible to access cleanly. I tried the eze approach and ended up breaking the tip of the eze off in the bolt. Had to pull the head and worked a quite a while and managed to get the broken EZ out. I brought the head to the machine shop where they got the broken stud out and put in a heli-coil. My "wisdom" then is not to use a eze-out on something heat frozen in place like an exhaust manifold stud.

Gary H.