RE: not yet

Bill: You get the top award for breaking in first with the harsh truth. I have had nothing but Chevys and mostly Mopars for the whole ride, now on my 5th Dodge Caravan, and that is how it will stay.  However, when I occasionally have to ride in my wife's Acura, I am astonished at the closer tolerance engineering of these vehicles.
And yes, the Cobalt we have at my company is a 24,000 mile
hunk of junk. Far from a Toyota, Honda, Hyundai, etc.

Please, lets not confuse the obvious. If the big 3 and the Autoworkers had gotten their act together some 25 years ago,
the consumer would have responded more favorably. Most folks
want to do the patriotic/nationalistic right thing if it makes sense.

So, all we can do is preserve the good old days, and its OK to be working on "Hudsons".  Lots of younger folk are already asking "what's a Plymouth?"
Donny, 64 Belvedere