setting up a trunk battery, tips please

Hi, I want to move the battery to the trunk in my 64 cuda.How big of a
positive   lead do i need to run.  I hear tell the negative can just
be grounded thru the frame.
   I have a long lead i cut off from an old Lincoln  220v Arc welder.
I would really like to use it , considering the price of copper
nowadays.  It has about  twice the diameter of a regular positive
lead. i would just need to solder some ends on it.
  neal zimmerman, eugene oregon