To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, December 27, 2008 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: rear brakes

OR there is not enough free play and the master cylinder is slightly depressed even with the pedal up. This covers the port which allows the cylnder to adust for fluid expansion and contraction. When you drive the car the fluid warms up and since it cant expand back into the resevior because the port is covered by the slightly appied piston it eventually applys the brakes. When it sits overnight it cools and all is ok. Adjust the pushrod so there is some freeplay at the top of pedal travel so that you are absolutley sure the pedal is not pushing on the piston but has a bit of free travel. Some pushrods are not adjustable , some are. If yours isnt and probably it came with the master then you will either have to shorten it or shim the master out . To check to see if it is so. Drive the car till the brakes begin to drag then return to home and loosen the nuts holding the mastger on and allow the master to move towards the radiator a bit.(say 1/8" Now see if the brakes are released. If they did that IS the problem.
Don
----- Original Message ----- From: "Butch Edison" <waedison@xxxxxxxxxxx>