Brakes Petty Stock Car

Brakes..my,my,my

After 3 hours work and with the aid of a porta power, I have removed the left front brake drum. Never experienced this before.

God I know has blessed our Old Mopars. This vehicle was running on 3 brakes and was still on the road. The left rear was completely removed and the brake line was smashed tight to the rear end. Looked like they took a 3" pipe , laid it to the brake line, and gave that 5 lb maul hell. ON THE ROAD AGAIN ! MOPAR!

The left front brake shoe was so deep in the drum it would not come out. The ridge was ¼" plus inside the drum outer bevel.

Now ask me why I did not just back off the adjusters. The Petty Stock Car is a 20 year junk yard rescue.

Sorry for my ramblings. Sign of old age.

I love our Mopars....the backing plate was a survivor !

Ollie

----

u/?bUrDWg.bSONJP.YXJjLjYy

?p=TEXFOOTER