RE: Insurance

I insure mine through Farmers as part of my total insurance coverage, more discounts for more stuff you have insured with them.  It is insured for appraised value, they require an appraisal.  The antique plates can be registered, but there is a restriction on how much you can drive.  Some I know use them and drive everyday, one got stopped and he told the cop he was going to a car show, which was allowed.  We have no inspection stickers or requirements in New Mexico for any cars, so that is never an issue.  In Texas, where I used to live, the historic plates got you off the hook for inspections, a real advantage.Mike in New Mexico