Re: 426 Hemi question

As far as the Hemi being available to race teams only in 1964, I don't think that's quite right. My father was a college student in 64 and bought a new Plymouth Hemi hardtop. He originally ordered a Max Wedge car, but after waiting a few months, he was told the wedge was no longer available. The dealer gave him the option to have his car built with a Hemi or cancel it. He took the Hemi and had one of the all steel hardtop cars. He was definately not well connected and the car was not bought from a performance oriented dealer.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Chervinsky" <63hemipolara@xxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 8:24:54 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
Subject: Re: 426 Hemi question

First year for the STREET hemi would be the 1966 model year, thus
ordering could have been done in late 1965.

The 426 RACE hemi was available in 1964 but to factory race teams ONLY.

Now I know that former Ramcharger driver and Chrysler race engine
engineer Mike Buckel had a 65 Dodge Wagon with the first STREET hemi
in it. Where this car is, no one knows but it would truly be a 1 of
NONE!

--
Steve
'63 Hemi Polara

----
Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

----

u/?bUrDWg.bSONJP.YXJjLjYy

?p=TEXFOOTER