Re: George Laurie - Lenses

If you have never?gone thru the process of reproducing parts for our hobby, it will be hard for you to relate what is involved. Having a business of making parts and always answering the phone, responding to letters and emails, wastes a lot of working time. Not counting the time it takes to work with manufacturing and finding an NOS or perfect parts takes time. I know George Laurie has spent a ton of time doing so and to have perfection is not easy. He deserves a ton of credit, no matter the time it takes to get them made. He is involved with many aspects of reproduction and most of us do not understand this. Please go easy on him as he is the only one to do them correct, not unlike a company many years ago and they were in yellow boxes without the correct markings and codes. He has to go down a lot of dead ends just to find one good part in order to make things happen. I know, I have been there. I had reproduced a decal back in the mid 70's for the SuperBird. A lot of time driving around finding a vendor who looked at my NOS decal and said, oh ya, no problem, I can make it exact as original. I hit several with things they would say and make excuses about why it might have a problem. I start with, can you make it exact as original, not, how much will it cost. Cost is the last concern. Perfection is the #1 concern. Keep up the great work George Laurie. joe machado

-----Original Message-----
From: Imperial <imperial@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 3:52 pm
Subject: Re: George Laurie - Lenses

I can relate, having waited nearly a year for my '62 wagon lenses.....BUT, still
I would buy from him again---where else would I go to get perfect reproductions?
And not really a pain compared to, say, scouring swap meets around the country,
checking ads, etc.

I'm glad your wait had a happy ending at least.  :)

Mike Trettin
1962 Chrysler Newport wagon