Firewall replacement

We're currently replacing the cowl on the '64 Savoy.  I picked up the new
one-piece (well, 3 piece actually) floor last week at Carlisle, and am now
thinking this thing is  going to be nice enough that I should just replace
the entire firewall rather  than patch the rusty one in there...  Any tips
from someone who has replaced a whole firewall?

Also, I made patches for the transmission crossmember but have now found a
good one... doesn't look too hard but would appreciate any guidance offered.
The original intention was just to patch everything up and make a decent
street/strip car, but the body turned out much worse once the paint was
removed (not a real big surprise, I guess), and it's now turning out much
nicer than we had originally planned... project bloat at it's finest.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

SC

----