Temp Problems Gone

Computer problems, vehicle problems, rain water problems !!  That is the big thing in life. solving problems. But I am back. So here comes a rambling from Ollie..and I do love to read others ramblings. Is this one of the things of getting older?

Bill M. I know you feel bad.sounds like my luck sometimes. I got a wheel well molding from a 65 Satellite but I don't think they are the same. Can anyone confirm? Also got my buddy at MyPlanetMopar I can check with.

Have completed the upgrades on "MS Cruiser". That is the 65 Satellites official new name.

Water temp problems are a thing of the past. With the new water pump by Howard Stewart and new high performance thermostat from Mr. Gasket and by-pass holes drilled, as per Howard, I am running a smooth 180 degrees, with or without A/C. This is conjunction with the other previous upgrades. Biggest possible electric fan 2600 CFM, transmission fluid removed, alum radiator. Running straight water with anti-rust and pump lube added.

Alternator upgrade did not go to smooth. I bought a 100 amp, single wire, from Tuff Stuff. After running new #6 wire, removing the voltage regulator & wring, installing alternator, which required longer belts things went down hill. At crank up the alternator was putting out 18 volts. My first thought was they had sent me a racing alternator.  Those hopes soon faded as the voltage kept dropping and it finally crapped out. My 10 minutes of bliss was shattered!

Tuff Stuff was good about it??, cost me $16 to mail it back that I ate, but they did hear my complaints. They did repair and return. Missed 2 cruise-ins and a car show. Ask me in 6 months after I cool down further and see how tuff there stuff is.

My electrical situation has improved drastically!! After a 100 mile run to a cruise-in in Vicksburg, MS last night I debriefed with the following info: 1. Headlights so bright, need to wear shades 2.MSD getting all the juice it needs..watch out Mustangs and other predators!! 3. Fuel mileage increased approx 2 mpg note that was running at 75MPH as I could not run that fast due to temp problems 4. Radio sounds better  5. Good bye Mopar 60 amp! Be installed in the Petty Stock Car.

Rambling about the Petty Stock Car project. Big list of improvements there. Brakes completed, 100% new, shocks, suspension, steering all complete. Got a floor, bunch of paint, door panels, seats ready for installation.

Got a bunch of updated pics. Bye for now, Ollie
http://picasaweb.google.com/satellite1965

----