RE: dash voltage limiter?

You can do the upgrade, but that won't fix what's wrong.  Your problem
is the firewall connectors for the two charge wires.  They are the
thickest two, one is red and one is black, usually beside each other on
these cars.  You should bypass these two wires around the firewall
bulkhead connectors by splicing past them out another hole in the
firewall.  Or, the method I prefer is to cut and remove the electrical
plugs inside the bulkhead connectors, drill the plastic out, and slip
the two newly-spliced wires through the drilled holes.  This way it
looks stock.

You very well could see great differences in your car after this.  I
have on many I have fixed this way.  For fun, check the voltage way back
in the car, like in a tail light, before and after.

chymar01@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I was under the dash to find out why the lights don't work. What I found
wasn't pretty. The main feed from the engine compartment is melted all
the way to the ammeter. Looks like it's been that way a long time.

----