RE: Replacement Radiator Question

I like cast iron thermostat housings.  I just bought one at NAPA for a
little over five bucks.  It is incredibly stout, and thicker than my
factory cast iron unit on my other car.  Came freshly machined and with
a new gasket, too.  I can't see this monster warping.  It is made in
China, but it's a great deal.  I just told the girl I needed a
replacement thermostat housing for a 1969 Dodge Charger with a 440
engine.  ("Do you mean 7.2 liter?" she said.)

As far as 16 lb. radiator caps go, I understand how one would be leery
of using one on an older radiator.  Age and condition aside, my 1969
Plymouth Fury brochure lists 16 lb. caps and 195 degree thermostats
standard on ALL Furies.  My 1964 Plymouth brochure mentions a towing
package, part of which is an upgrade to a 16 lb. radiator cap.  If the
radiator is up to it, I like to use a 16 lb. cap.

----