Re: 8.75 Axle End Play

Ahh , the tapered axle platform.
I had assumed that you had the 65 up rear that actually has adjusters.

  Jimmy

Gary wrote:
There is some metal shims that go between the axle and the housing that will allow for the end play that you need if the axle is not two long. Most NAPA stores carry them. If you cannot find them let me know as I think that I have some extras. Do the adjuster plate bottom out. Sometimes or most of the time it takes shims on both sides of the rear end. Driver side and pass side. ---- Jimmy Peavy <peaver63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If the adjuster is backed out to it's limit, and you have no end play, the axles are too long.

   Jimmy

Bill wrote:
I'm wrapping up the installation of some 3.23's in my Coronet and I'm
having some problems with setting the axle end play. I'm familiar with
the procedure...tap on the left axle a few times, adjust the right
until until Zero, then back off the adjuster off 3-4 notches. But I
can't seem to get any end play at all. I have the adjuster flush or
even depressed in the axle mounting collar, but I've got no slack.
Anyt thoughts?
----

----

----