How to reply to only one person [Admin]

Hi all,

Please remember the default reply setting sends your note to *everyone* in the ’62 to ’65 Mopar Clubhouse. You need to re-address your e-mail note if you want it to go to only one person, as in dealing for parts or making a "let's meet for a coffee" type message.

The Discussion Guidelines for 1962 to 1965 Mopar Mail List Clubhouse on http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html
give some methods of how to send a reply to only 1 person, not everyone.

5a) Private and public mail -- keep them separate!

Remember the default reply setting sends your note to *everyone* in the ’62 to ’65 Mopar Clubhouse. You need to re-address your e-mail note if you want it to go to only one person.

As for the re-addressing, it depends on your e-mail program.

One way to readdress mail is to select the "reply to all" option and then go up and highlight and delete all the addresses you do NOT want the note to be sent to. That leaves only the private address of the person you are dealing with.

Another way is to read the note, highlight and copy the private address of the person you are responding to, then copy that private address, then hit reply, highlight the 1962to1965mopar list address, hit paste and ZAP! it will replace the address to send to hundreds of people with the ONE address you REALLY want to correspond with. :) It sounds complicated, but after you do it a few times it can be done in a few seconds.

Still another method is go into your preferences settings on your mail system and set it up so all addresses are in hypertext. After that, when you move your pointer over an e-mail address that address name becomes a hand or link to that exact address; just use the mouse and click on the address and your reply will only go to the address you click, not everyone in the Clubhouse.

And even another way was suggested by Kevin Schober: "In my Outlook express I just hit the button that says add sender to my address book and I get the e-mail address that way. If it is an address I do not want to keep I then just delete it after I respond to the person. Just thought this might help some people that have had the same problem in the past."

----

u/?bUrDWg.bSONJP.YXJjLjYy

?p=TEXFOOTER