Fuel pump progress

Oh goody, I got the fuel pump plumbing all hooked up now in the rear. I
still have some adapting to tie into the pressure regulator. I built a
backing plate for the pump and mounted the plate to the underside of the
trunk using shock absorber bushings as vibration dampers. I also put a
rubber grommet under the boly head and under the nut. This can't be
tightened down totally so I used locktight and double nuts to prevent it
from vibrating off. I will inspect it after I get it on the road to be
sure it stays tight.

I used some sticky back camper tape caulk on the backside of the plate
to also deaden the noise. Then I mounted the pump to the plate with some
bolts coming in from the back of the plate via tapped holes. I put lock
nuts under the heads and a speck of lock tight. Then I put more camper
caulk tape under the front of the pump where it can bounce some and
under the mount bracket. I also put some rubber grommets in the bracket
slots and under the nuts. I did the same double nut/locktight trick. I
have a tapped hole with a bolt for the ground to connect to and am
grounding to several sources.

It seems solid, out of the way and looks pretty cool. I painted the
mounting plate engne color red.The pump has rubber hose on the input and
output to prevent noise transfer. We'll see if this Holley blue pump
will quiet 'nuff!

----