Fuel pump completed !!

I finished the fuel pump install today and got it running. It was a
mixed bag but overall pretty good. The Holley Blue pump does make some
noise but it's barely decernable in my car! I have been told it would
quiet down if I ran a return line. No thanks.

I found that my pressure gauge stays very steady whereas with the
defective pump it was bouncing all over the place. I set the regulator
cold at 6psi. After a half hour of running the pressure had dropped to
4.5psi. I reset it to 6psi and then the next time I started it cold it
was at 7psi. I think I better just set it cold and live with it.

Right when I fired up the pump for the first time I let it run without
the engine running so I could check for leaks and pressure. Then I
started the engine and let it run about 5 minutes when the pump shut off
and the engine died. I checked the power, etc and it was OK. I started
it again and it ran fine and has since. Maybe just setting for a couple
years stiffened it up a bit???? Don't know but seems OK now.

It's a neat installation and with all these changes it runs almost cold.
I may have to block off the radiator :-)

----