RE: 1965 8 3/4 question

Your right.  The '64's were wider than all the other B bodies.   Axel flange length that is. Perch mounts are the same, and most all are the same from backplate to backplate.  Maybe it's the different brake sizes?  don't know for sure.   They'll all bolt under anyway.

Jake
'63 Sport Fury 'vert

> To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
> From: rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: 1965 8 3/4 question
> Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 23:58:23 +0000
>

> As I recall my '70 GTX 8&3/4 was narrower as was the '68 RR DANA 60 that
> I swapped to George.
>
> Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr 318poly w/goodies
> Douglas J wrote:
>>

>> I can vouch for the 68-69 B body 8 3/4 being wider than the '62-63. My
>> meager tire clearance was gone after the swap.
>>

>> Jake
>>
>> '63 Sport Fury 'vert
>>

>>> To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
>>> From: dennis.2914@xxxxxxxxx
>>> Subject: RE: 1965 8 3/4 question
>>> Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 17:36:23 +0000
>>>

>>> Good Question!
>>>
>>> I also put a 65 wagon 8 3/4 differential in my 63 SF with no problems.
>>>
>>> All of the 8 3/4 guides I could find doing a search said that B-Body 62
>>> to 70 have a track of 59.2 and perches at 44.0.
>>>
>>> However I have in my file a chart that gives different flange to flange
>>> measurments. I have no idea how this relates to the installed width
>>> however here is what I have:
>>>
>>> 53 1/4" 62 - 63 B-Body, 64 Max Wedge
>>>
>>> 55 5/8" 64 B-Body except Max Wedge (estimated width)
>>>
>>> 54 1/2" 65 B-Body
>>>
>>> 54 1/4" 66 - 67 B-Body
>>>
>>> 54 15/16" 68 - 69 B-Body
>>>
>>> 54 29/32" 70 B-Body
>>>
>>> If you find more information please post.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>>> 1996 Dodge Ram 3500 Van Conversion
>>> 1964 Plymouth Belvedere 318 Auto
>>> 1963 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4-speed
>>> 1949 Dodge Pickup 289/C4 soon to be changed