RE: 850 DP vs dual 4's

As you probably know I've been playing with the dual quads on my little
poly for several years. I can't compare it to a single 4bbl as I never
had one on this engine. I found that I hated progressive linkage. I also
found that it was best to tune the carbs at the track by timeslips. When
we tuned it a bit on the dyno, till the electrical died, we had the AF
ratio leaner. The car doesn't like leaner at all. I picked up alot in
the 1/8th by just running it richer every time until the times started
going in reverse.

Single four is probably easier and most likely will use a bit less fuel
if you're always standing on it. BUT it sure has a big draw at cruise
night! I think with the right components and tune the 2X4's have a
better potential to perform. Just enjoy the project and do whatever
rings your bell.