Engine was running, then not, now is rough.

Engine was running, then not, now is rough.

OK, guys. I replaced all these items with new:

Distributer
Vaccum advance
Rotor
Points to Pertronix Ignitor II kit
Distributer cap
wires
plugs
ballast is bypassed
coil
Timing gears and chain

I replaced everything up to the coil and it seemed to run nice and
smooth. The timing chain jumped time and the engine stopped running. I
replaced that.

I got the engine running now, but really rough. I set the timing at
about 13* advanced. Took it for a drive and I can hear the pinging, but
it also pops out the carb under mild accelleration. I know it sounds as
if it is too much advance. Maybe the vaccum advance is too fast.

I also think my carb needs to be replaced. It sat for 6 to 7 months till
I had time to work on it. Even after warmed up to running temp, I have
to pump the pedal to get it started.

I need some direction. I have some mechanical experience, but never had
this kind of problem.

Dooner
'64 Plymouth Belvedere 4dr Sedan
Poly 318 + Push Button Auto Trans