To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 18, 2010 7:25 PM
Subject: 383 Cam Selection

I need to replace the cam in my 1963 Sport Fury with a 383.  The cam in
the engine is a Crower.  I talked to Crower and my cam 32200 is old and
out of production.  They suggested that I use their 32242 that has the
following specifications:

112 degree lobe center

271 degree intake advertised duration
284 degree exhaust advertised duration

222 degree intake duration at .050"
234 degree exhaust duration at .050"

0.486" intake gross lift 1.5 rocker
0.496" exhaust gross lift 1.5 rocker

383 4-speed
3.55 gears
10.0 compression
ported heads
balanced
weight 3,500 lbs extimate

The car will be used for street only however I do want it to run and
sound good.

Any thoughs on this setup?

Any cam suggestions would be appreciated.  I will be checking other
companies but I started with Crower because that is what was in the
engine.

Thanks
Dennis C.

1996 Dodge Ram 3500 Van Conversion
1964 Plymouth Belvedere 318 Auto
1963 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4-speed
1949 Dodge Pickup 289/C4 soon to be changed
1998 Honda Valkyrie Standard

----

----