Re: gas tank rebuild story

definitely takes a good sized iron, and cleaning with acid so solder will
stick, and they use copper shim stock to bridge holes with, another method I
 have seen used on tanks that could not be replaced was a light sand
blasting and  a coat of fiberglass over the bad area, such as a tank with multiple
pin holes,  not only seals it but reinforces the weakened area as well, I
do not recommend  these procedures if a replacement tank can be purchased
though,

In a message dated 1/27/2010 12:43:20 A.M. Central Standard Time,