Re: AV Gasoline in the "Old Days"

${top_text_ad}
I haven't bought AV gas since 9/11 but I bet it is a lot harder to
come by. I would just drive up to the large above ground tank at our
local small airport, slide my card in, and fill up. No problems. I
used to fire up my Dart just to smell that sweet AV gas. Mmmmmmmmmm !

    Gary F.

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Doug Jacobsma <big_jake57@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was thinkin the hot stuff was green.  Thanks for clarifying.
>
> Jake
> '63 Sport Fury 'vert

>> To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
>> From: krmerkley@xxxxxxxxx
>> Subject: AV Gasoline in the "Old Days"
>> Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:34:34 +0000
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> 80/87 was red (leaded)
>> 100/130 was green (leaded)
>>
>> and now 100 Low Lead is blue
>>
>> When I was a flying instructor in 1978, I would treat my car to an
>> occasional tank of 100/130. It made quite a difference.
>>
>> The 80/87 was similar to pump gas at the time.
>>
>> We even had drag racers coming to the airport and buying jerry cans of
>> 100/130 for the days race.
>>
>> Now, it is very difficult to buy avgas from the airports. Too bad.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> K.
>>
>> Kevin R. Merkley
>> Thunder Bay, Ontario
>> 64 Dodge 440 2dr HT (Cdn)
>> 64 Dodge Polara 500 Convertible (Cdn)
>>

>> ----
>> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person. I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!
>>
>> 1962 to 1965 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion Guidelines:
>> http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

> http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.

${bottom_text_ad}
----

This email was sent to: ${recipient}