RE: Rear Seal Installation Question

Dennis, I recently bought a fully restored '68 Coronet R/T.   When the
machine shop rebuilt the engine they used the seal that has the silicone
and pipe cleaner side seals.  The rear main leaked like a sieve when the
car was delivered.  The seller wouldn't warranty the work.  I removed
the rear main seal and found that the silicone had not filled the top
3/8" on one side and the top 3/4" on the other side, even though the
pipe cleaners had been installed.  I've never had problems with the
factory style side seals leaking in that area.  I bought Mancini's rear
main seal replacement kit.  It has 2 seals on each side.  Probably
overkill for the application...Brian

----