Re: Heater hindsight

${top_text_ad}
One of the things that sold me on the new house ( well, new to me )
was that the previous owner had a shop with lift already installed. I
forgot how much easier it was to work on a car with a lift. I have one
of those Kwik Lifts too that I was using at the old house. It works
great too, anything to get those cars in the air. ---One bad story
with a lift though. When I was in my 20's, I worked as a mechanic at
the local Dodge dealer. I was under the dash of a pickup ( I can't get
under those things very well anymore, either ) and heard someone yell.
I popped my head up just in time to see a 69 Polara fly off of the
lift into a motorhome parked next to it. It seems the mechanic working
on the Polara was using a pneumatic jack underneath the Polara to hold
up the tranny. The pneumatic jack released lifting the Polara. No one
was hurt and the dealer bent over backwards for the Polara owner.
Anything he wanted, he got. New paint, interior, you name it !

        Gary F.

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Herb <zephyr9900@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do a coffered ceiling in the area your roof will fill that way your hood and
> trunk will be close to your original ceiling and the roof up in the coffered
> area. That will give you a strong two feet more.  That worked great in a
> friends garage.  Only problem is his wife's nose was out of joint for a
> while because she wanted him to do the same thing in their bedroom.  So that
> project might get expensive. (-;
>

>  Herb
>
> 1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361
> 1959 Coronet 326 Poly