RE: love to go BUTTTTTTTTTTT--can i get ahat anyways who do i pay

RE: love to go BUTTTTTTTTTTT--can i get ahat anyways who do i pay

Jack,
	In a word, it would look GREAT.

	I run a max-wedge in my '68 Barracuda.  It always seemed a little
odd until I got this month's Mopar Action.  There is an article about a memo
supposedly languishing in the bottom drawer of Tom Hoover's (father of the
426 Hemi) desk about a proposed factory Super Stock '71 Dodge Demon with a
426 Max Wedge!

	According to the article, the car would have fit well into
(dominated) SS/C, and would have provided re-released max wedge components
for '62-'64 Super Stock racers as these parts were getting used up/worn out
even in 1971.  Imagine how that would have impacted the '62-'64 cars with
fresh 70's technology castings!  In my mind the fact that it was even being
considered (by the father of the Hemi, no less) validates the value of the
Max Wedge, which I think has always lived in the shadow of the Race Hemi.
Once the Race Hemi was released, the Max Wedge just seemed like it was no
longer good enough to be a competitive race motor.  Vindication is ours!

	Anyway, it was a real boost seeing that someone else (Tom Hoover, no
less) thought a Max Wedge A-Body was a good idea.  Even more of a head trip,
the car is equipped nearly idenically to mine.  As a weird kind of side
note, I learned a couple years ago that Mr. Hoover moved 5 miles from me
after he retired and lived there for a number of years before moving
south... unbeknownst to me, of course!!

	Max Wedges - they're not just for '62-'64 B-Bodies anymore!

sC