From: John Hammond <426_maxwedge@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, Mar 2, 2010 7:28 pm
Subject: Re: Decal Identity Help

Having been here done this as someone mentioned earier... yes, Dayco Belts and early not so
well reproduced Plymouth emblem. A search around Ebay for some manufacturer decal repopers
may yield a decent version to work from to scale to the size you are gonna need. I don't have the
contact info but if you get in touch with some of the folks in the national Winged Cars association(s).
(There may be more than one) they have a number of contingency decals of that era already in repro
that while correct for 68-70 may also work back into 65. Pretty sure their '76' and 'Regal Ride" will
work and I wouldn'd be surprised if they have the 'Dayco' as well. Thing to watch out for is the sizes...
average (shipped in the part boxes) decals are probably gonna be tooo small to be graphically pro-
portionate and many of that time frame were actually painted on. So depending on your level of
authenticity an outstanding brush guy might need to be located... stick with vinyl if you can no pun
intended. Another tip, if you finally find the correct decals, get several extras of each and every one.
Most of these were probably RE-POPED a long time ago. Before the inks and adhesives were as
good as they are today, if they don't hold up well you can freshen the car back up with a new set as
needed if you have an abundance of spares on hand. Really though, a high level sign shop should be
able to supply anything you might require if they have sufficient original information to work from.
One other source for finding that elusive image: Contact the Daytona International Raceway-
Photographic Archives Division if it still exsists. Good luck in sourcing your replica !

John Hammond