RE: fibreglass hood and stuff

Tim,
	I have one, it's definitely a race-weight piece.  Most of the Sled
City hoods I've seen have the entire area beneath the scoop open so you
either have to build a large plenum or make a false bottom to match what you
have.  Their parts are dimensionally accurate, and most molds for the parts
I've seen have been taken directly from vintage parts.

	Watch out for Unlimited Products parts - we just placed an order for
a brand X car we sponsor and ordered a '64 hood and scoop to see how they
looked (they were real inexpensive).  The hood is a bolt-on, and although I
haven't had it on a scale yet, I'm guessing it outweighs the steel hood.
The scoop is about a 3/4 size replica - it looks utterly ridiculous.  I
don't know why anybody would even take the time to make a mold for something
that's not even close to the original.  I may return it depending on
shipping cost.  In their defense, the dimensions are listed on their website
- I should have double checked.  As always, buyer beware.

	Back to Sled City, if you're looking for parts you can take out of
the box and paint, go with Kramer pieces.  Nice stuff.  The Sled City stuff
is definitely made to be light and requires some fitting and finishing.  But
where else can you buy a fiberglass '62 Plymouth tailgate??  I have a set of
their '64 Plymouth fenders that had the holes taped over before making the
mold.  My initial thought was "now I have to either drill out the holes or
sand down the tape impressions", but in fact the same fender allows you to
use it on a Savoy with a little sanding or the holes are precisely marked
out for a Fury.  The door edges definately need final fitting but no worse
than I've seen from other manufacturers.  They have also been improving the
mounting on their stand-alone hood scoops, and have the OE size as well as
the monster A/FX versions.

	Larry owns Sled City as well as a construction company, so he can be
a little hard to reach.  Keep trying.

	VFN has scoops available at a reasonable price (just over $100) but
I don't know anybody else who makes a '62 hood.  I'll be ordering some VFN
stuff in the next couple weeks and will report back to the group.

SC