Re: Super Stock Springs Update

I switched the driveshaft around - no change.  The brakes are ok - no draging.  I noticed the rear wheels are back farther than before - which got me thinking about the extended front hangers.  The driveshaft is back about as far as it will go to connect now.  So this appears to be at least part of the issue.  The pinion angle looks like it's about 0 degrees at the moment - so this could be another part.  The DC book says 5-7 degrees nose down - but I think that's more for racing.  About 3 degrees or so may be about right for the street?  What's the best way (tool) to accurately measure it?

When I noticed the wheels are back farther, I thought about taking the 2" front hangers off and putting the stock ones back on.  This would move the rearend forward about 2".  If I push the driveshaft in all the way, I have about that much, so that might push it in to the max or close to it.  I don't know if that would be good or not.  If I go back to the stock front hangers, it may also push the nose of the pinion up more - going in the opposite direction of where it needs to go.  But then shims could correct that.  I think part of the issue is the 2" extended front hangers.  I think about 1" would be a happy medium - seems that 2" is too much, but stock is too little.  I could put the front spring eyes up in the upper mounting hole (they're in the lowers now), but I don't think that would change much.  Maybe it would?

At this point, I'm out of time.  My daughter is graduating from HS tomorrow, and I can't experiment any more today and also help get a party ready.  I'm disappointed that I won't get to drive the car to her graduation, but the weather may have eliminated that anyway.  Once we're past this weekend, I'll experiment some more.  I think my next move may be to put the stock front hangers back on and see what that does.

Thanks for the help, and keep the ideas coming.

Dave